« Over-booker | Main | All Wrapped Up »

Another List?

Because I can't think of a better way to do this when I fall this far behind?

Thursday 11/6: Hyser and I went to Sophia's for happy hour. It's a very nice bar. Someplace to bring a date or a colleague you wanted to impress. I think Frasier would like this place. They have a menu posted at the front door that had a couple of chicken sandwiches that sounded good but the menu we were handed had no sandwiches. Just fancy stuff. I asked the bartender if the sandwiches were just on their lunch menu or? she looked at me like I'd just asked her something indecent and said we don't have sandwiches, we've never had sandwiches. Apparently they use that menu to lure us low-class folks in and then force us to pay $14 for things like Linguini and Portobello Mushrooms. We finished our 2 for 1's and walked down to Pracna for some real food.

We have a security system at the apartment. It didn't come with a manual and the move-in packet said the security company would charge $50 to teach us how to use it. I think that's ridiculous as the security system was a bit of a selling point for us. We got home from dinner at about 9:30. I decide that I can figure this thing out - no problem. I figure there's a way to set the security code so I start hitting buttons. I hit the star key and arm the bastard. This wouldn't have been a problem but this secures not only the doors, but there are several motion detectors in the apartment as well. So unless Hyser and I stayed put and slept in the entryway, we were going to end up setting the damn thing off. Sure enough 10 minutes later, the alarm sounds. I'm pressing buttons, Hyser's hiding in her room, we trade places. I page the security system people. We're standing half outside with our ears covered when I decide to make 1 last attempt. Somehow by some grace of God I get the thing to turn off. 2 minutes later, the security company calls me back. They have no idea what I did or how to fix the problem - tell me to call them in the morning. We were both afraid to open the door in the morning! Um, 10 minutes of the alarm going off and nobody came. What good is this anyway???

Friday 11/7: I met Larry for happy hour at Kieran's. It's always good to see him - fun to catch up on things. He's been running lately too - yet another thing we have in common. He is, however, a Raider fan for which I may never forgive him for after the Vikings pathetic performance on Sunday! But seriously, it's amazing to think that we've known each other for over 7 years. Geez the guy knew me when I was 18. He's pretty much seen me at my best and worst. It's good to have friends like that. They can always remind you of the stupid things you've done. Not that that in itself actually helps you avoid doing stupid things in the future - but it's worth a good laugh or 4. Ryan had a few beers with us and then we headed to the video store and to the Happy Garden - the lovely neighborhood Chinese restaurant. Their food rocks. We had a drink at the dive bar next door while we waited for our food.

Saturday 11/8: Ryan and I had lunch with Steph, her baby Jayden and her Mom. They came by to check out the apartment. Jayden's such a happy baby! We had lunch at Old Chicago. It's always good to relive the old softball days. Old friends are the best - they have all sorts of embarrassing stories to share with the boyfriend. Ryan and I stayed and watched the rest of the U of MN game - they actually won! We started the beer tour which I'll probably finish when I'm 50! We went home to sneak in a nap before meeting Rick and Mindy at Chevy's for dinner before the 3 Days Grace, Default and Nickelback concert. I'm actually not a huge Nickelback fan - Ryan and I were going mainly for the 1st 2 bands but wow, they really impressed me. They're a lot harder than I thought. 3 Days Grace played a good set. Default wasn't bad - their guitar player is amazing but they were a little off as a group. Seriously though, Nickelback was polished and great performers. We went to the Hard Rock afterwards where Mindy made us have shots. Then to Gameworks for some air hockey and bowling. Was a really good time.

Sunday 11/9: Stayed in bed all day and all night watching football. Pizza Luce delivers. I love them.

Monday 11/10: Ryan bowled with us. Then Randy, Sherry, Mike, Ryan and I went to the Green Mill for dinner. I had this chicken portobello alfredo penne thing that was unbelievable! Afterwards I went and picked up another load from Heather and Mike's. Finally got the new bedframe moved. Fought with that damn thing until 2am when I finally gave up and assembled the old bedframe. I finally got the bed put together at 3.

Tuesday 11/11: Ryan came over to help me move some things around and take a look at the infamous bedframe but we decided to walk to The Drink instead. It was packed (Timberwolves game). I'm not sure if we can go back to that bar. It makes us both spill our guts. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the 5 beers. Walking to the bar is dangerous. Makes me drink more!

Wednesday 11/12: Well, all of this running around with the head cut off business has finally caught up with me. I passed out at work and was nearly passing out again for another 30 minutes before the paramedics showed up. I didn't really know what was going on but the next thing I see is the inside of an ambulance. Was kind of embarrassing to have that happen at work. All tests came back normal - I have a strong heart and no blood clots or the like. Doc says I need to start taking it easy and not pushing myself so hard. My Mom, Ryan and I went out for lunch at the Sunshine Factory afterwards. Their food is just insanely delicious. Nothing like Ryan getting to know my Mom in the ER. Well that's hospital visit #1. I suppose it was just a matter of time! It was so nice of them to come to be there for me. He even stayed to take care of me. My Mom gave him explicit instructions to make sure I actually rested. Hmmph. I can't get away with anything anymore!

Thursday 11/13: I actually stayed home and rested like I was supposed to. I got a few things unpacked but mostly I rested. Wednesday's episode scared me more than I was allowing myself to realize. That feeling of passing out is really awful. I just felt like I had absolutely no control and a few times I thought that if I let myself pass out, I might not wake up. Just pure panic. Not fun.

Friday 11/14: I took a half day off, did some laundry and Ryan and I met Jill, Jill and John out at the Refuge and then to The Drink. We had a lot of fun! I finally felt close to normal again.

Saturday 11/15: I finally had time to get that massage that Ryan gave me last month. It was wonderful. I felt so relaxed! It didn't even hurt and I was afraid it would since my muscles are so sore. I could definitely handle that on a weekly basis! Afterwards we split some chicken sandwiches at Old Chicago and continued on our beer tour. They served us big beers. I had 1 to his 3! I tried switching cards on him but he was too quick for me. We went home, took a short nap and headed to bowling. He bowled a few games while we split points with Paul's team. We decided to stay for moonlight. We had fun. I won $2 but couldn't control my ball. We got paired up with a guy who'd just hit on a pull tab so they bought us a round of drinks. Yeah, we really didn't need that round of drinks! Kevin was bowling next to us - it was fun to catch up with him. He's a lot of fun.

Sunday 11/16: Jill, Jill and I went to Chipotle for lunch and then walked around the neighborhood. There are so many cool stores and shops by our place - it's going to be awesome this summer! We went back home to watch football and then I got ready for dinner. I picked up a Dairy Queen cake (in Vikings colors of course!) on my way to his parents' house. We watched the end of the Vikings game and then headed to the Downtowner in St. Paul. The food was great and we were seated right by the fireplace so that was nice. I have fun with his family. We went back to the house afterwards for cake. We talked some more and then everyone went to bed so Ryan and I watched the late game, Sportcenter and NFL Countdown. I really need to get ESPN. I'm going to go crazy without it!

Monday 11/17: The Man's birthday. He's a quarter century now - and catching up to me I might add. Especially since I'm going to stay 26 another year. He came by after work. We headed to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for a pre-dinner drink and had the best dinner possibly ever. The steak was amazing and the sweet potato pecan crusted side dish was more like dessert! Asparagus and Hollandaise? I think I died and went to heaven (and if I had a steak in that much butter every day I probably would!). We had a birthday cheesecake dessert and went home to change before going somewhere by the apartment to watch the MNF game. We didn't end up going anywhere. I was so full I couldn't move! We rested until 3rd quarter but by then were so comfortable, decided to stay in. I think he had a nice birthday. I really hope so, he really deserves it.

Tonight I have class and then am meeting Rachel for a late happy hour. Haven't seen her in a couple of months and she has a CD from our friends in Sweden for me. Hope you're having a great week! Naturally it's going to be another busy week, but still it feels less hectic with work not being quite as busy on top of everything else.


TrackBack URL for this entry:

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)

Creative Commons License
This weblog is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Powered by
Movable Type 3.2